Who is ready for compact, over drive, 5-speed that fits easily in our classic Mopars? Well, Tremec has just released their new TKX 5-speed and American Powertrain has it and everything else you need to fit the new TKX in your classic Mopar.
Tremec is know for sourcing a lot from their OE side to produce transmissions like the Magnum T-56 and T-5. The Tremec TKX transmission is a complete new design, built from the ground up specifically for the aftermarket. The TKX has a sleek, smooth body that keeps the transmission very compact and easier to fit in that stock tunnel of you 1969 B-body.
TKX 5-Speed Manual Transmission Features and Benefits
- The TKX has 600 lb.-ft. of torque capacity and is capable of engines speeds of 8,000 RPMs with shifts at 7,500 RPMs. It is available in multiple gear ratio configurations (See chart below).
- Multiple gear ratios offered with final gear ratios in either .68, .72 or .81
- Designed for multiple applications with three shifter locations. Compact, end-loaded design provides clearance in most transmission tunnels without floor modifications.
- Increased case strength with three-piece aluminum housing provides outstanding structural stiffness (includes main case, intermediate plate and rear extension). Gaskets at all flanges simplifies installation and eliminates fluid leaks.
- Superior shift-ability through use of multi-cone synchronizers and hybrid synchronizer rings made of sintered bronze and carbon
- Noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) minimized with gear layout to best control stress levels. All gears supported by caged needle bearings to reduce end play on the gears.
- All gears and shafts made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615) providing increased torque carrying capacity.
- Equipped with a high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter that isolates road noise, while providing clean, crisp shifts.
- Robust design with internal three-rail shift system and steel shift forks.
- Wide gear width increases gear life and torque capacity.
- 26-spline input shaft with a 31-spline output shaft for added strength.
- Built-in reverse light switch and cruise control safety switch.
- Separate GM and Ford case patterns and input configurations. Integrated GM and Ford transmission mount patterns.
As we stated before, American Powertrain has everything you need to make the new TKX fit in your classic Mopar. They have Pro-Fit kits ready to roll. If you do not need a complete kit you can buy the parts and pieces you do need. From their Hydromax Throwout Bearing, White Lightning shifters, cross members and more. Give American Powertrain a call today and see how the new Tremec TKX can fit your needs.