Each year in Minnesota during the warm month of July thousands of cars and spectators gather at the State Fairgrounds for one of the biggest shows in the North, the Street Machine Nationals. In 2016 the show brought over 50,000 fans and attracted over 7,000 cars! The show is open to all makes and models but is normally dominated by muscle cars.
Our friends at QA1 have partnered with the Street Machine Nationals to sponsor their Autocross challenge. The autocross spans all three days of the event and gives participants a chance to test their driving skills as well as compete for multiple awards. Not only does QA1 want to see you push your car to the limit at the show, but also to join them Friday morning before the show for their 6th Annual Open House & #goDRIVEit Cruise.
Each year QA1’s open house and cruise continues to grow and attract more and more car enthusiasts. Before the gates open for the Street Machine Nationals, QA1 would like to invite everyone to come hang out at their facility, show off your car, grab some coffee and maybe walk away with some door prizes. After the tours are over everyone congregates and cruises to the show.
This is only a small event from 7am-9pm and the #goDRIVEit cruise is only a short 27 miles to the Street Machine Nationals show. You do not want to miss either show, so you better start planning now because it’ll be here and gone in a blink of an eye.
- Tours will run every 7-10 minutes until 8:30am
- Breakfast of coffee, juice and donuts will be provided
- All participants will be entered into drawings for prizes from our sponsors
- Merch tent will be set up (apparel, banners, signs; no product) – cash only
- Participants who arrive by 7:30am will be entered into the drawing for one of our grand prizes:
— A certificate for an OPTIMA battery (2 available)
— QA1 double adjustable Stocker Star shocks for all 4 corners of your vehicle
#goDRIVEit Cruise to Street Machine Nationals
- We will leave as a group from QA1 and head to the fairgrounds. Maps of the route will be available that day.
- If you pre-registered with SMN and have already picked up your packet, you can cruise to the fairgrounds with us and get preferred entrance.
- Those who have not registered or picked up their packets are welcome to participate in the cruise, but they must break off and head to the regular entrance at the fairgrounds.