Following the successful debut of the Roadkill Zip-Tie Drags event in Tucson, Arizona back in January, it has just been announced that three additional powered by Dodge Roadkill Zip-Tie Drags events have been added for this summer! Auto enthusiasts of all kinds will be able to work on their drag racing skills, check out some wicked home built cars and have the opportunity to chat with David Freiburger and Mike Finnegan, hosts of Roadkill.
If you don’t know what Roadkill is, you must be living under a rock. Roadkill just so happens to be the world’s most-viewed YouTube automotive original series. It follows David and Mike as they build some wacky but cool budget based cars including the Hellcat powered “General Mayhem” 1968 Dodge Charger and “Crop Duster” Plymouth Duster.
“We had an incredible turnout, with automotive superfans coming to our first Zip-Tie Drags in Tucson from as far away as the East Coast and Canada,” says Roadkill cohost David Freiburger. “I’m super excited to bring even more Roadkill Zip-Tie Drags directly to all the gearheads who were willing to travel across the country to be a part of a unique event like this.”
The dates for the event are as follows:
· Friday, June 30th -Saturday, July 1st—Summit Motorsports Park, Norwalk, Ohio
· Friday, July 14th -Saturday, July 15th—Memphis International Raceway, Millington, Tennessee
· Friday, September 15th -Saturday, September 16th—Gateway Motorsports Park, Madison, Illinois
There is also a date for 2018 already scheduled too:
· Friday, January 19th- Saturday, January 20th—Tucson Dragway, Tucson, Arizona
The Roadkill Zip-Tie Drags events will include:
· Drag racing—with the chance to race against Freiburger & Finnegan
· Test ‘n’ tune
· Hooptie challenge
· Car show
· Drive-in theater
· Food trucks
· Camping and bonfires
To register to participate in the event (either with your car or just as a spectator, click this link.